Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after all of the backorder b.s. of the rims and the pounding of the pinch welds with my BFH and reshaping the wheel wells, I got my new rims and tires on today!

17x8.5 AEV Pintler wheels in Argent color with 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors.

I like it.................................

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
That looks great, be sure to post those in your garage thread.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Looks awesome! I would say that all your time and stress was well worth the payoff. I really like the color of the rims

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Well it looks like you helped me make up my mind on which color to go with on the AEV Pintler wheels. Your Commander looks amazing with those wheels in that color.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Those look really good, hopefully I'll be able to order some in the near future.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a set of 265/70/17 tires with 600 miles on them sitting in the garage. After looking at your photos I want them on my XK ASAP! Tell us more about the reshaping and forming the you had to do.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Congratulations! I like your tire/wheels combo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
spacers?

do you have spacers too? any problems with rubbing? rig looks great...i'm looking at upgrading mine now. just ordered the RR lift and am looking for tires...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I like the way the air valves are protected ... very functional!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey everyone, thanks for all of the compliments!

Those AEV's come in three different offset options, +25mm which is the suggested replacement for Commanders, +10mm which is the suggested replacement for Wrangler JK's, and -15mm for Wrangler TJ's. They also have a silver finish as well. I just thought the Argent darker color would compliment the color of my XK.

I went with the +10mm offset because I wanted my rims and tires to be pushed outboard even more for a wider stance. The +10mm offset pushed the wheels outboard by 2.3". As a result, I did not need wheel spacers. While it seems no one on here has had troubles with spacers, I personally preferred to put the spacer money towards new rims with proper backspacing and avoid any potential pitfalls. Also, I don't think they make spacers up to 2.5" wide - I think the most is 1.5 or maybe 2" at the most.

Reactions: Kemmer

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Hey everyone, thanks for all of the compliments!

Those AEV's come in three different offset options, +25mm which is the suggested replacement for Commanders, +10mm which is the suggested replacement for Wrangler JK's, and -15mm for Wrangler TJ's. They also have a silver finish as well. I just thought the Argent darker color would compliment the color of my XK.

I went with the +10mm offset because I wanted my rims and tires to be pushed outboard even more for a wider stance. The +10mm offset pushed the wheels outboard by 2.3". As a result, I did not need wheel spacers. While it seems no one on here has had troubles with spacers, I personally preferred to put the spacer money towards new rims with proper backspacing and avoid any potential pitfalls. Also, I don't think they make spacers up to 2.5" wide - I think the most is 1.5 or maybe 2" at the most.
The -15mm Pintler Wheels for the TJ's wont fit on our XK. They have a 5x4.5 inch bolt pattern.

Do you happen to have any side shots of how far the tires/wheels stick out past the fenders. I really couldnt tell in the pics posted above. Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts