Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MHT FUEL HOSTAGE 17x8.5 ET+14
NITTO TERRA GRAPLERS 265/70/17

Slight rubbing on the liner at full lock but, nothing a heat gun can't fix. The tires are extremely quite for A/Ts and handle well. Alltho, they did take a lot of weights to balance to 0.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt.

What is your experience with the TGs? I wanted to get the Duratracs but, I got a great deal on these.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
It's just a subjective thing. I think Nitto ruined the tire by putting the "hotwheels" lightning bolts on the sidewall. Every time I see them i just shake my head like "wtf were they thinking".

Other than that, reviews on them are hit or miss. The seem to wear quick on fullsize trucks... owners either end up loving them or hating them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey now, HotWheels RULE! Lol, I hear ya...... I guess I will have to wait and see how these wear..I'm hitting Uwharrie next month so, i'll see how they perform on the trails.

·
Banned
389 Posts
MHT FUEL HOSTAGE 17x8.5 ET+14
NITTO TERRA GRAPLERS 265/70/17

Slight rubbing on the liner at full lock but, nothing a heat gun can't fix. The tires are extremely quite for A/Ts and handle well. Alltho, they did take a lot of weights to balance to 0.
That's a good lookin' rig ya got there. A black antenna would finish off that black on red look...nice wheels & tread too!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Nittos. I had the Terra grapplers and got 60,000 miles out off them. just kept them rotated. Got the trail grapplers now and love them. they can throw some mud. I like them combo your runnin' looks great!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you have a chance to see what your MPG's are now with the bigger tires? I need to upgrade to something soon if I want to get my wheelin on .. I was thinking maybe Trail Grapplers myself on the stock chrome wheels..

Frank

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a good lookin' rig ya got there. A black antenna would finish off that black on red look...nice wheels & tread too!
Thank you. I plan on shaving the antenna all together.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm a big fan of the Nittos. I had the Terra grapplers and got 60,000 miles out off them. just kept them rotated. Got the trail grapplers now and love them. they can throw some mud. I like them combo your runnin' looks great!
I love them so far, hopefully i'll get the same milage as you.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you have a chance to see what your MPG's are now with the bigger tires? I need to upgrade to something soon if I want to get my wheelin on .. I was thinking maybe Trail Grapplers myself on the stock chrome wheels..

Frank
I have not checked the mpg with this set up. I'll have to check and post up.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Thank you. I plan on shaving the antenna all together.
Talking to a banned member. I guess you missed it -- he really went off the deep end.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I looking at the exact same rims...what offset did you get and are you running spacers still?
17 x 8.5
+14 offset
5.3" backspace

No spacers needed.
:banana_hitit:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts