Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: these pictures were taken after filling up at the gas station and using their car wash. I like bonding over a hand wash, but my kiddos needed dad this weekend, so that wasn't in the cards. For the same reason, I had to rush the pictures, so sorry for the quality. My wife told me to get inside and stop dawdling in the garage!

I recently bought my 2008 XK Limited, 154,000 miles young. After doing an inspection on a lift and asking a bunch of dumb questions on this forum, I brought her home with me. Better still, for more than $2600 under book value. So far, I absolutely love the refinement, rugged/refined looks, character, capability and features. The maintenance and fuel economy don't bother me one bit. I do most of my own work and its thirst is more than a fair trade off for all the upsides.

It's been a long time since I've really loved a vehicle I owned, but this is definitely love, even though I'm in the honeymoon phase. The last truck I liked this much was my 2007 Ram 1500, but I'm convinced this is by far the better value. I'm also convinced that if it was named the Grand Wagoneer, it'd have been a bigger success. It reminds me of the modern incarnation of one. Too bad.

But look at that beautiful steel blue metallic with the khaki (I consider them saddle) interior! If it was a different color combination, I'm not sure if it'd be in my garage now. Anyway, I'm looking forward to being a part of the community here.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Congratulations, @mphilleo! Yes, the steel blue with the saddle brown seats is awesome. My Commander has the same color combination and I love it! BTW, saddle brown IS the official Chrysler color for those seats.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I have a black '08 with the saddle leather. Steel Blue was my favorite color as well. Your seats look in good shape. I have a couple of cracks in mine that need fixing.

·
Registered
338 Posts
cool. i have the green with brown seats. i like them. X2 on heffercows statement that your seats look like they are in good shape.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I test drove the exact same setup 2 weeks ago and LOVED that color combo. It says “professional adventurer” to me for some reason. I would have pulled the trigger on that one but the undercarriage was in really rough shape 😕 Yours looks beautiful though and it’s a great feeling to really love what you drive again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts