Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

my XK told me: I need new parts!
So I am planning some new modifications.
The first steps are small spacers and new shocks: front Rancho RSX and rear Rancho 9000. This parts I have ordered today.

Then I will change the axle ratio gear. The CRD have on stock 3,55. The new ratio will be 4,10. So I can run 33" tires (285/70 R17). For this plan I am looking for the right parts in the next weeks.

And the next project will be a Tire carrier and a new solid Rearbumper. The Frontbumper is not a problem. A winch I doesn´t need in the history. And in the future? I don´t know. What do you think?

And the last dream is a removable bed in the car.
The Summer trip will be hot. :)
O.k. greetings from Germany Thomas

·
2,248 Posts
There are many inflatable beds available. Here is an example. I removed my third seat and put a storage box behind the second row. I think that the bed would still work with just the seats folded down.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Good luck finding some 4.10 gears.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Good luck finding some 4.10 gears.
Yes, good luck in this :) ,,,, I may do it if it doesn't cost alot

I also assume it need to be done on both diffs

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are many inflatable beds available. Here is an example. I removed my third seat and put a storage box behind the second row. I think that the bed would still work with just the seats folded down.

Thanks ! Great. That was, what I am looking for.

@all: thanks for the wishes. I will be come back! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The first step is done. The frontshocks beeing replaced. The new Shocks are Rancho RSX. And i can say: they are great!
The stock shocks have many Problems in the Rebound (is this the correct word?). The tires falls offroad downright in the Holes.
The front axle was downright excavated and then was very unstable.​

The new Shocks are much better. The Car is very stable. On the Offroad-Testdrive I can drive much faster then before (60 mph now, 35 before). The reference car, an Landcruiser 100 (in US I think it was a Lexus) with OME shocks and springs isn´t faster now.
I am excited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts