Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought this off e-bay and am really happy. Strong 10,000lbs with the 2" multi location plate.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wanted to use a quick connect setup that I could use for front or back winch use. So I bought bulldog quick connect 7.5 feet for the front and 16 feet for the back.

Wanted to make it look clean so I took the front grill off (real easy) and here are the pics.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only had two issues.
1. Had to buy a C clamp tool to remove one of the fairlead in order to feed the cable out.

2. With the 2" multi mount plate, there isn't much room in the back and it might brake the steel cable down, or I need to learn how to rewind the cable better.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep the 16ft quick connect cable in a small bag and connect it under the hood then run it through the cab and out the back window.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plenty of room too.

·
2,248 Posts
Good job. If you need a front license plate, you can mount it in the receiver hitch when the winch is not there. With those Bulldog cables you can also make one up with big Alligator clamps on the far end for jump starting cars.

Now you jist need Doc to build you a third row storage box to keep your winch safe and out of the weather.

Another thing, when you respool your cable, keep tension on it and it will respool much more compactly. You might try hooking it to a tree or something that wont move and pull your Commander toward it as you watch the spooling from the front.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Sweet! Looks good!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't seam to get stuck bad enough to use this yet! ahhhhh, I know I should complain about not getting stuck, but I bought this for a reason and I want to justify buying it.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
That looks great ER Nurse. Similar to my setup but my winch was used and only 6K, but it has done the job a few times. Like you and Huey, I also have an extension cable for use on the rear.

Come to Michigan and you can pull folks out of the ditches. Enjoy.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ maybe one day I will. Don't really know how to drive on snow, so I might end up sliding into people. lol

·
2,248 Posts
I had a winch on my last TJ. I used it many more times pulling others out of ditches than I ever used it for myself. I have used the one on my XK to pull myself backwards off some rocks once. Not much snow in the desert so I have not pulled anyone out of a ditch for quite a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts