Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 jeep commander 4.7 I noticed today on my dash it said check gages now the part that shows the temp is showing hot what could be wrong with it

·
Administrator
6,824 Posts
I have a 2006 jeep commander 4.7 I noticed today on my dash it said check gages now the part that shows the temp is showing hot what could be wrong with it
@heathermcvay34;

Welcome to the forum;

Please read the New Member Required Reading below & complete your user profile as directed, in order to comply with the forum rules;

Now that being said; It could be any number of things causing your issue;

Bad temperature gauge giving a false reading

A bad air temperature sensor somewhere;

Your engine could actually be running hot - which could be caused by a bad thermostat, a bad or failing water pump or a bad fan or leaking radiator;

Have you observed any coolant on the ground when you've been parked for a while? The coolant would appear to be a clear light pinkish colored fluid, with a thicker, almost oily consistency.

Are there any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) being generated in your Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check your coolant level inside the radiator cap, most likely it's low. Top it off and then refill the overflow tank to correct level. That may fix your immediate problem but you'll need to keep an eye on it because you probably have a leak.

Remember these vehicles use special coolant, Chrysler HOAT or Zerex G05. Don't mix in "universal" type. If you need to add "something" in an emergency, use distilled water but you shouldn't use much as this dilutes your anti-freezing and corrosion-inhibiting properties.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you it was my therastat.. but I'm having some other issues with my Jeep.. I just found out that my transmission computer is going out

·
Registered
34 Posts
Get your profile filled out so people know what you have then make a new post specifically about your trans. Someone may be able to help you with an alternative diagnosis or a better resource for your part.

·
Administrator
6,824 Posts
Get your profile filled out so people know what you have then make a new post specifically about your trans. Someone may be able to help you with an alternative diagnosis or a better resource for your part.
@heathermcvay34;

@bblickle; is right; Please complete your user profile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts