Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's where the Commander payments come from :)

With the back row folded down, it makes a nice work area.

There's a couple high security lock cyinders I'm repinning, some pin kits, basic hand tools and an almost empty thermos of coffee :)

The removable jack cover is all dented up from me hammering stufff on it ... this summer when I get some free time I plan to make a sort of a heavy-duty but small, work platform to go in the hitch reciver, maybe with a little vice on it.

I used to have modified 1966 Chevy Van with all tool boxes welded in and a work bench and ALL my stuff ready to roll (the van wieghed 3 tons) ..

... but at 9MPG it was getting too expensive to run and I was basicly using it as a tool shed :) .. transfering what I nedded that day to one of the other cars, so I sold it.

Here's a pic of the old van when I was taking out the tired 230 - 6 cylinder ...

... you can see the fresh 350 small block waiting in the back of the van waiting for it's turn on the engine hoist next

Attachments

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
When you build your receiver mounted work platform, you might consider adding a brace down to the frame below. You could put one bolt through so it wouldn't be that difficult to remove it. It would stabilize it. Ross has 2 stabilizers with his tire carrier but even one would add a lot of strength and stability.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you build your receiver mounted work platform, you might consider adding a brace ....
Thanks I will definatley look into that when the tme comes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts