Jeep Commander Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
15,357 Posts
The a/c and trans share the same cooling coil.
Not if you have a 5.7 Limited with the tow package, which is why I asked him what he had.

·
Administrator
15,357 Posts
@FrankWhite06 Which model and engine do you have? If you would make a signature with that info it would be helpful when members are trying to help you. See my signature as an example.
Yes, it worked. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If the leak is coming from the condenser, that's either pag oil from the condenser or tranny fluid. The a/c and trans share the same cooling coil. Either way, you'll have to evacuate the ac system and replace the condenser. Do you have an HVAC tech that could help you when it's time to pressurized the system? If you have rear air the system requires 2.12lbs ( which is roughly 34 oz ) of r134 refridgerant.
Just went through this...Replaced the compressor, condenser and the filter dryer. I did all the mechanical work myself but had to have an ac tech buddy vac down the system to dry it out, and weigh in the proper amount of Freon. It's not difficult, but requires gauges and equipment most diyers do not have.
It's a brownish color fluid, when I check the trans fluid with the dipstick it still looks pretty clean, I've never dealt with ac issues before so I'm not sure what it would look like

·
Registered
559 Posts
I had a leak in my condenser...pag oil.
The ac worked fine with the lesk, but I replaced it anyway. Once the pressure in the system drops to a certain point, the low pressure switch will not allow the compressor to lick on, and no ac.
Do you have an after market dip stick tool to check your transmission? Because the 3.7 doesn't have a dipstick

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I had a leak in my condenser...pag oil.
The ac worked fine with the lesk, but I replaced it anyway. Once the pressure in the system drops to a certain point, the low pressure switch will not allow the compressor to lick on, and no ac.
Do you have an after market dip stick tool to check your transmission? Because the 3.7 doesn't have a dipstick
Yeah I got the dipstick off Amazon thats for jeep/chrysler/dodge

21 - 28 of 28 Posts