Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time it rains the front driver's side floor gets soaked. I thought it was the sunroof drain so I clipped the end and tested it with a pitcher of water. No problem. I can't figure out where the leak is coming from cause only the floor and about two inches up the sides are wet. The rest is dry all around it. How do I figure out where the water is coming from?!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have the same issue but don't have a sun roof. I messed up my door wheeling a while back and ever since I get water on the drivers side floor. I had the door fixed and replaced all the door seals and that didn't help. I notice it happens when it's colder out. Didn't do it all summer until two days ago! Clueless as to where the water is coming from but I'll figure it out some day. It's got to be coming down the A-puller behind the grab handle

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
How did you fix it

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I had the same problem ,, in my case there was several cracks in the drain hose

I replaced both hoses and problem gone .. its blue plastic hose running from the sunroof to the floor

·
Administrator
16,134 Posts
I had the same problem ,, in my case there was several cracks in the drain hose

I replaced both hoses and problem gone .. its blue plastic hose running from the sunroof to the floor
Did you replace it with the OEM hose or something else ?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,198 Posts
@James a . Some words to go with the pictures would help a lot. :LOL:

Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

(1) Forum Rules / Vendor Rules | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@James a . Some words to go with the pictures would help a lot. :LOL:

Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

(1) Forum Rules / Vendor Rules | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.
I apologize I'm new to this but I've been seeing alot of people have the same problem as me and I wanted to help everyone out since I found my problem. So the issue I found was the drive door boot that covers the the door wire harness is the problem it dont seal good and leaks in the " A Pillar" I would say if you have a passenger side leak it could be the same issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found my leak I have no sunroof on my jeep just a FYI. How I did it was in the last picture I took trim panel off so I could see if leak was coming from roof rack and running down the pillar no water running down so I ran the water on the door hinges and I seen I drip off water come out of hole last picture where it's circled then I ran water over the door harness boot attached to pillar and it poured in water so I unhooked boot from pillar stuffed wires in the pillar put a piece of gorilla tape over hole and ran water over the hole pillar and no water was coming in I let everything dry and put new boot on and that fixed my leak I hope this helps everyone good luck everyone "note this is driver side but if you have a passenger side leak too I would say it could be same issue as driver side"

·
Administrator
7,103 Posts
I found my leak I have no sunroof on my jeep just a FYI. How I did it was in the last picture I took trim panel off so I could see if leak was coming from roof rack and running down the pillar no water running down so I ran the water on the door hinges and I seen I drip off water come out of hole last picture where it's circled then I ran water over the door harness boot attached to pillar and it poured in water so I unhooked boot from pillar stuffed wires in the pillar put a piece of gorilla tape over hole and ran water over the hole pillar and no water was coming in I let everything dry and put new boot on and that fixed my leak I hope this helps everyone good luck everyone "note this is driver side but if you have a passenger side leak too I would say it could be same issue as driver side"
@James a ;

Thank you for the detailed write u & the pics. I'm sure other forum members will find this information useful.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L, QT-II 4WD
163 Posts
I wonder if it would be beneficial to spray those runner boots up w. some silicone (or similar) spray?? If they're not currently leaking, maybe that would give them some more life and prevent future leaks??

I did that w. my door weatherstripping thinking it would help keep them more pliable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts