Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a nail in my tire, will the dealer change it or fix it, is it covered under the warranty?

·
Registered
192 Posts
They'll fix it. Nails are not covered under warranty (as long as it's in the tread and not in the sidewall). Make sure they patch it from inside instead of plugging it.

I've had many a nail, and a patch has never let go.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No road hazard insurance on any Goodyears O.Equp. in Canada.
Only limited workmanship warranty.
---
Non repairable? Buy a new tire, ouch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I get many of nails and screws the only time the pose a issue is when they get in the side wall.
Some say you can repair the side wall but for me I wouldn't, plug or patch is a acceptable fix patch is much better and the plug requires some one who knows what they are doing with them.
In ether case you should rebalance the tire.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dan06 said:
So, they will fix it for free right?
OH YEA! Right after the Tooth Fairy fills up your tank. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't think anybody has answered your question, take the tire to a Goodyear shop, they'll know more about fixing the tire than most dealers, and I think you'll find it's at no cost. [Most big tire sales stores (chains) will fix flats free.]

·
Registered
274 Posts
They will plug it. There's always a possibility that the tread could seperate using a plug. Put it on the rear. I had a flat on my Liberty, got it plugged and it developed a noise which is air getting past the plug into the tread. I took it off the front and spared it. Patching it from the inside is the real way to fix it but you will be charged dearly for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts