Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm looking to see if anyone can tell me what these are called. I am replacing the heater core in our 06 4.7L 2WD
While i have the dashboard out, I thought i would investigate the clicking noise that intermittently appears. Found 2 of three plastic pieces (one on each actuator motor) are broken. Actuator motors work fine, and when I googled them, they don't appear to come with these plastic pieces anyway. They attach to the shaft on the motor in the photo then control a door in a particular part of the heat/cool system. I don't know what they are called to investigate further. Any help is appreciated. What they are called, where to buy, ect.. thank you, Shannon

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm not 100%, but looking at a parts list This is my guess. "LEVER, A/C Recirculation Door, Serviced In Air Inlet Housing, (NOT SERVICED)" and "LEVER, Panel Door, Serviced In Distribution Housing, (NOT SERVICED). Neither have part numbers listed. The parts diagram is very crude so it's hard to be sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not 100%, but looking at a parts list This is my guess. "LEVER, A/C Recirculation Door, Serviced In Air Inlet Housing, (NOT SERVICED)" and "LEVER, Panel Door, Serviced In Distribution Housing, (NOT SERVICED). Neither have part numbers listed. The parts diagram is very crude so it's hard to be sure.
Thank you :) I saw that too after I posted, but didn't know if I was reading that list right, it's huge lol

Do you by chance know what "not serviced" means?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I do not know what "Not Serviced" means. My best guess it means that for an OEM new part you need to buy the entire housing. I think a salvage yard may be in your near future...

·
Registered
480 Posts
There's no way to get those parts from Jeep without buying the distribution housings. Other users have found other options, including 3D printed versions off eBay. I wouldn't recommend going to a junkyard for replacements since you'll probably just end up with another brittle plastic part that'll need to be replaced when it breaks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have a 3d printer, yet. lol but I did find a free file on thingverse.com to print the exact part i need. I have not printed it, so I don't know if it will work, but here is the link. I'm off to look at 3d printers, because I would rather spend money on a new toy, than on a huge part I don't need to get the tiny ones I do lol.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2707632

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I don't have a 3d printer, yet. lol but I did find a free file on thingverse.com to print the exact part i need. I have not printed it, so I don't know if it will work, but here is the link. I'm off to look at 3d printers, because I would rather spend money on a new toy, than on a huge part I don't need to get the tiny ones I do lol.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2707632
No printer needed - a guy on the internet sells them that he 3D printed - think these are the ones? - see https://www.ebay.com/itm/191592622278

Question - I need to change the gear for the fresh air/recirculate but need help on removing the glove box? I get the strap off and door hanging all the way down. The service manual says to pop it off? Mine is stuck on? or what is the trick?

·
Registered
351 Posts
with the glove box door open, pull the door towards you. it will pop off. you will think that you are pulling too hard but then it will pop free.

the ebay link is not the right part for the recirc door is it? mine is broken and i need one but cant find it.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
with the glove box door open, pull the door towards you. it will pop off. you will think that you are pulling too hard but then it will pop free.

the ebay link is not the right part for the recirc door is it? mine is broken and i need one but cant find it.
Thanks I'll give it a try. Need to see part to tell which to get.

·
Registered
169 Posts
No printer needed - a guy on the internet sells them that he 3D printed - think these are the ones? - see https://www.ebay.com/itm/191592622278
That is a great find, but the part pictured is an injection molded part, not 3D printed, states Mopar brand. Not a bad thing, just same type of plastic that broke to begin with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok, I will attach some photos and some links to my observations. Hopefully this makes sense lol. I have a hard time explaining things i dont fully understand myself. There are a total of 4 acctuator motors on my hvac system. We have the dual climate thing in our commander. On the passenger side there is one on the main unit (1) (left side of passengers legs) one on the blower motor housing (2) (right side of passengers legs) on the main unit, the lever (gear) that is broken looks like a peg, (3,4) and can be found in the 3d printed link above, or a guy on eBay is selling the already printed piece in this link.
www.ebay.com/itm/WK-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-blend-door-actuator-lever-connector-connecting-part-/232997068617?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
Looks the same as the one that came off my commander, but i haven't ordered it yet and don't know if it will fit.
On the blower motor housing, the gear looks like this (5,6 ) no teeth?
I need to start a new post to add more photos
To clarify, the gear in photo two still on the blower motor housing is not the gear in photo 5 and 6, that is broken. It would fit in the grooves below the gear in photo 2 and attach to the actuator motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is photo (6)
On the driver side both actuators are on the main housing, one on the lower part, one on the upper part (7,8) I didn't take the actuator off in photo 8, the plastic gear looks bigger than the rest and seems to be functioning fine. That is on the upper part of the housing. On the lower part of the housing, there is a lever (gear) that is identical to the one on the passenger side lower housing, and fortunately mine is not broken yet. It's the intact one from my photos above.
I haven't looked for the lever replacement for the broken lever on the blower motor, it looks like the MOPAR one linked above, but has no teeth, so I'm going to keep looking tonight.

For the glovebox, here are some photos of the hinge on the box door so hopefully you can see how it detached, use a mirror and find the opening and pull in the opposite direction. It was tough and it did seem like it I was pulling too hard, but it just snaps on and off.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks like you need one with teeth (marked 599 inside socket in you picture) that would be the one that @rblapham shared a link to. Yours is completely missing the teeth (broke off) which is common. This is updated and better then the original but still ABS and will get brittle with age. Then one with cams like the 3D printed one you found, it's listed as made from PETG which is very durable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The part above for the MOPAR gear in the blower box was $45, a whole new housing was $70, so I got that at the dealership. The other gear/lever that was broke, I got off eBay. It got delivered to the wrong house, so I just got it and installed it today, fits great! Incase anyone was wondering about it.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts