Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow Commandeer Owners,
For the last two months my nav/stereo system in my 2006 Commandeer Limited will work sometimes and sometimes it is totally off. I thought it could be due to the cold weather or the fact that I hit a pothole as it started a week or so thereafter. Now it seems to be off permanently for the last two days.Anyone have any ideas? The dealer said it may need a software update.
Thanks,
Cindy

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
I can tell you it does not need a software update. Is it just the navigation that does not work or is it also the radio/cd player ?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I made the mistake once of leaving my sunroof cracked open when I thought it was completely closed. It snowed and the melted snow caused moisture to get into the unit. Called the dealer and they never mentioned a software upgrade. Told me when it dried out it would automatically turn back on. It did and I havent had problems since.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Hi Fellow Commandeer Owners,
For the last two months my nav/stereo system in my 2006 Commandeer Limited will work sometimes and sometimes it is totally off. I thought it could be due to the cold weather or the fact that I hit a pothole as it started a week or so thereafter. Now it seems to be off permanently for the last two days.Anyone have any ideas? The dealer said it may need a software update.
Thanks,
Cindy
When I said it did not need a software update in my previous post I was thinking about the navigation disk. But it indeed may need a computer flash to make it work right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts