Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all...I am new to the forum. I just purchased a 2006 Commander. I tried to use the Navigation after taking my car home from the dealer and it kept saying "please load cd". I called my dealer who ordered a cd/DVD, we put it in and it keeps saying there is a newer version of it. So he said he had to order another CD/dvd. Well, I've been waiting 3 weeks for that now.

Does anyone know where I can get ths CD/DVD for cheap as I am a broke graduate student LOL.

Thank You in Advance! :)

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Hi all...I am new to the forum. I just purchased a 2006 Commander. I tried to use the Navigation after taking my car home from the dealer and it kept saying "please load cd". I called my dealer who ordered a cd/DVD, we put it in and it keeps saying there is a newer version of it. So he said he had to order another CD/dvd. Well, I've been waiting 3 weeks for that now.

Does anyone know where I can get ths CD/DVD for cheap as I am a broke graduate student LOL.

Thank You in Advance! :)
You can pick them up on eBay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
theyre pretty expensive on ebay. my friend told me he has an extra one, so Im going to pick it up from him. Im sick of waiting for my dealer. They are super slow. They had my car for 6 hrs to fix a windwasher nozzle on the hood. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
You can buy them new at Navteq.com for $199 with $10 or $20 shipping options. Not cheap, but you'll get the latest version within a week.

Or you could just to to Best Buy or Crutchfield for a $200 stand alone GPS with lifetime maps. Or just use your smartphone's built in GPS/mapping functions since you're already paying for them.

I think what I'm saying is don't waste your money on the REC Nav discs, the system isn't worth it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yea, My iPhone is a little more detailed in the map department and I'm going to take the Nav disc moola and put it toward a whole new unit in the future.
Unless the above fella wants to start a mail circuit with the one he's borrowing. That i'd pay for lol.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts