Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove a Chrysler Pacifica recently that had a NAV system - which appears to be very similar to the Commander's NAV - obviously the software was done by the same company as most of the features are identical. However, they had one feature that was fantastic that we don't have - you can enter a destination by phone number! MUCH quicker than entering the address! I hope that we get a software update to allow this.. If anyone has any info, it would be appreciated..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Joe,

I have the nav system and it does have the ability to select destination by phone number - although it seems to only contain business address listings.

I access by going into Destination Entry mode then using the joystick to scroll down. The "Phone Book" listing is on the second page of entry options.

Hope this helps..if you cannot find it you may need to get an update. I know I really need an updated version as a new dvd was published just after I took delivery in March...but will probably wait until the next publishing around Jan-Feb 07.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My comander has the feature to enter a phone number, I use it all the time. Maybe I have an updated version of the NAV?

You may be able to access by Destination Entry mode then scroll down to phone book

·
Registered
44 Posts
shepdogs said:
My comander has the feature to enter a phone number, I use it all the time. Maybe I have an updated version of the NAV?

You may be able to access by Destination Entry mode then scroll down to phone book
The old DVD version had it (AC) because I used it. It was just pretty far down the menu and you had to scroll down to it.

I believe it only applies to business phone numbers, not residential phone numbers...could you imagine the size of that database? Not to mention all the mistakes because the frequency at which people change residences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts