Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 Commander and recently there has been a "NAV message" stating that there is problem reading the NAV DVD. I have taken it out multiple times to clean it and it seems to be a quick fix, but 1-2 days later, the message reappears. Unfortunately, the message is accompanied with a rucurrent alarm that will not stop, no matter if the NAV is activated or not. Anyone experience this or know how I can fix it? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Are you using an OEM nav DVD?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Using original disc 06 year unit.

Hmmm... The best thing I can recommend short of buying a new DVD is to make a copy of the DVD you have and try that one. Maybe the surface of yours is damaged or warped. Our navs are very sensitive to the condition of the DVD. In fact, if you try making a copy, don't use just any blank DVD-DL - make sure you use Verbatim dual layer dvds, and use the ones made in Singapore, NOT the ones from India. Many have tested many brands, and the Singapore-made Verbatims have proved to be the best for REC nav systems. That's the brand I'm using.

I guess the other option is to find a friend with the same OE DVD and try his out in your nav. Either way, that should tell you if it's a problem with the DVD or with the unit.

Good luck.

:eek:rangehat:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts