Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello we have a 2006 Commander with the REC nav. The unit has started to act up with the screen sometimes looking like the following picture.

I want to remove the unit to see if I have a bad connection but I cannot get the bezel off. I do not want to break it so is there a trick to removing it? is there taps?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
I think your backlight is dying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think your backlight is dying.
No the back light is fine, the screen is still bright. If hte back light way failing the screen would be dark and you would still be able to see the image in teh back ground. This is a connection issue. So what I need is to get the bezel off but cannot seem to do it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have had colored lines building on the right side of my screen over the past year. Earlier this year I was having trouble with the screen staying dark when I frist started out then it you return to normal. The longest it stayed dark was for about 3/4 of an hour. This has not happened for awhile so I an waiting for cooler waether to see is that is what causes it to stay dark. It may be a while before the cooler waether arrives here in Florida. Mine is an 06.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts