Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang I couldn't find instructions to remove the bezel around the REC nav unit in my 2006 Limited.

I got a new REC and want to swap them out.

It seems different than the 2008 instructions I found because the climate controls and radio bezel are two seperate pieces.

What I've done so far - I removed the bezel around the shifter, popped off the climate controls, and unscrewed the 8 bolts on either side of the Nav, but I still can't get the bezel around it off.

It all seems fused together in one piece - from the gauges all the way across to the area above the glove box. I see the screws holding the radio in place but cannot get access to them. Although the bezel right around the Nav kind of looks seperate, no amount of prying seems to get it off. Like I said, the whole dash seems fused together in one piece.

Can anyone help with some advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dude, if you go to e how dot com there is a video on how to replace the bezel. I think you need a special tool. Go to your local Radio Shop and ask them how it is done... it shouldn't cost you anything for advice. They may just try to sell you the tool you will need.

Goods speed!....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts