Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Limited with the factory NAV unit. It is starting to have the common issue where it will just have a bunch of black lines, but still works. I read one post about taking the navigation DVD out and putting it back in. Has anyone done this? I'm at the point now where I will probably just deal with it until I can put an after market unit in. Are there any tricks to this or can I just put a after market in with a different wiring harness? Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
There's a small release clip on the disc slot cover on the lower part of the REC radio. You can get it off with your fingernail if you have enough fingernail length, otherwise use a small flat screw driver or similar device. This allows access to the navigation dvd for removal/upgrade if you want to give it a try.

There are several companies online that do REC radio repairs for nominal fees. In my personal opinion, even some of the best brand new aftermarket radios don't hold a candle to even the REC. I just put in a $900 unit with all imaginable features in my second car, and as an overall package, I absolutely hate the thing and vastly prefer my Jeep's unit. I'm also not sure how well aftermarket decks interface with the Boston sound system.

You may look into upgrading to the MyGig system if you want additional functionality with factory integration.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
My 06 Limited is filling up with colored lines, just removed the Nav disk, no change, I guess colored lines are different from dark lines which I have never seen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts