Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all the Nav Screen went black. It still works. I can hear the music radio stations it also scans, no time showing either. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem? Is there a separate fuse to light the screen. Help needed. Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
On mine, though it be Kenmore, hold the nav button down a couple secs
and the screen goes off or on.

Kenwood, not a Kenmore.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cico, I figured it out.. last night while i was messing wit it, i turned down the night vision alittlle.. Well today when i started the Commander, the screen went blank. Wells that becuase it is day time now.. I was able to fairly see the screen becuase it is getting cloudy here in NJ. So i just went back to sent it to the original setting..
Oh BTW, on my nav system holding down the Nav button did not work, but thanks anyway, cause when i went out to try it i notice that i could just barely see something on the screen.. Thanks again.. Steve..:bigthumb:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Kenwood, not a Kenmore.

Bwhahaha.... Does your Kenmore navigation do the laundry and keep your drinks cool?

:weed:

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
what year is your commander? the rec navs are known to go. ask me how I know. lol.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 08 Limited but its working now. Read my last post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone..I ran across this forum while trying to find a fix for my REC nav. the screen went blank on me but everything else still seems to be working, I just can't see it. Has anyone come up with a way to fix it yet? I have a 06 Durango we bought it new and except for the gas mileage I love it. It is like a tank....unstoppable :burnout:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you trying to look at the screen during the day time when sunny? If you are it could be stuck on Night Mode and the screen will be dark and very difficult to see during the day. Believe me, cause it happen to me. If that is your case wait till night time and they check it out. That way you Will be able to adjust the brightness and get it back up. Good Luck. Steve.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok keep us informed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well unfortunately it does not appear that my nav. was on night mode. I checked it out in the dark and still nothing. The buttons and knobs are all lit up but the screen is still blank. I even tried something I saw in the manual, I unhooked the battery for a few minute to try and restore all the setting to default. Hooked it back up and turned the key on...still black screen. I talked to the Dodge dealer today and he said he has never heard of one doing what mine is doing. He told me that the best he could do is send mine in and the company would send me a refurb. for $700 to $800. They will not fix mine and send it back they don't do that. Also I can not get the nav. DVD to eject out. It is like that part of it is dead

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was wondering how many people on this list have had this same problem with the Nav screen going blank but everything else seems to still be working fine.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I was wondering how many people on this list have had this same problem with the Nav screen going blank but everything else seems to still be working fine.
I would guess that your backlight has burned out. This has happened to several members.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts