Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 XK with NAV.

Is it possible to get the screen to go completely black while still listening to music or the radio? The bright NAV screen bugs me when driving at night so I have been putting a towel over the screen so I can still listen to tunes. On my Lexus there was an option to make the screen go black while still listening to the stereo and I can't figure out if the XK has the same option. Any comments or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
I have an 06 XK with NAV.

Is it possible to get the screen to go completely black while still listening to music or the radio? The bright NAV screen bugs me when driving at night so I have been putting a towel over the screen so I can still listen to tunes. On my Lexus there was an option to make the screen go black while still listening to the stereo and I can't figure out if the XK has the same option. Any comments or help would be appreciated. Thanks!
You can adjust the brightness in the settings.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
As 07 said, you can dim it but not shut it off.

·
Registered
953 Posts
You know, the night I brought the XK home, I was thinking the same thing. The next day I found that the setting for the interior lights and dash (on the turn signal stalk) was set for daytime lighting. Check that first!

:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check the menu button. On my 09 LTD 4.7, by pressing menu then screen saver, it turns the screen "black." I use quotes because it is blank, but there is still some degree of illumination behind the "black." You also have the option of having the digital clock display on the screen during this mode as well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Check the menu button. On my 09 LTD 4.7, by pressing menu then screen saver, it turns the screen "black." I use quotes because it is blank, but there is still some degree of illumination behind the "black." You also have the option of having the digital clock display on the screen during this mode as well. Hope this helps.
The navigation units in the '06 are different than the '09.

:eek:rangehat:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts