Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the codes/keypresses to remove the restriction for using the NAV while driving? When my wife is driving, I like to play with the NAV but it locks out many functions while the Commander is over about 5 mph.
:confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Which functions are locked out? I have played around with my NAV while driving. Not a wise or safe practice, I know.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
bing said:
Does anyone know the codes/keypresses to remove the restriction for using the NAV while driving? When my wife is driving, I like to play with the NAV but it locks out many functions while the Commander is over about 5 mph.
:confused:
You might want to look in a diagnostic manual for hidden buttons on the touchscreen that allows you to disable the lockouts. The factory navi on my 4Runner has an easy way to disable the lockouts by pressing the screen 5 times, allowing all functions to operate at any speed.

Maybe the Jeep navigation has a similar system.

·
Registered
396 Posts
this would be a great benefit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TR4Runner said:
You might want to look in a diagnostic manual for hidden buttons on the touchscreen that allows you to disable the lockouts. The factory navi on my 4Runner has an easy way to disable the lockouts by pressing the screen 5 times, allowing all functions to operate at any speed.

Maybe the Jeep navigation has a similar system.
Hmmmm....interesting. I may have to play with it. It's not a touch screen in the Commander but has a little joystick with some buttons.
Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts