Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here bought or used a Mopar Navus GPS? They look like a good alternative to the indash unit. I like the way they fit on the dash but have not seen one in person or heard from anyone that has one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a couple of them installed on in-stock units. They are pretty neat little units and are also touch-screen enabled. I will see if I can get a couple of pics posted for you.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I would like to see those pictures. Is there color choices to match the interior? How do they fasten to the dash?

·
Registered
96 Posts
They fasten via base plate that is specific to each Jeep. They are only available in the dark graphite color....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a used Navus GPS system out of a 07 Caliber yesterday on Ebay. Each unit has a specific plastic base depending on what DC product it was sold for. Looks like this base could be swapped out for one meant for the Commander. Has anyone done this or know anything about getting the correct base? I checked with my dealer but they should no parts. The unit is made by Garmin and so I guess my next step is to contact them.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Ranger, did you ever get some pics of the Navus installed? I'm seriously considering this over the REC unit for price & installation reasons.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Just ordered my Navus from Ebay, $795 shipped for the new part 82209847, includes 2GB NA NAV card. Dealer here wanted $1013 for the same thing. I'll take some pics when I get it and install it.

Also ordered the remote from JustforJeeps.com. I'm excited as I'll have something unique and less expensive than the NAV system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts