Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to buy a 2006 3.7 4x4 and just had it inspected/looked over at a local dealership (the seller is a small used car lot). Jeep dealer noted the following problems:

• TPL light flashing due to code c1504 TP54 internal. Must replace tire pressure sensor.
  • Rear pinion seal is leaking oil.
  • HVAC Control lights are inoperative.
  • Info Center light is out.
  • CD player may be inoperative.
Seller says he will fix identified issues, but I’m wondering if these issues could be indicative of a larger problem. Is there any reason to believe a lot mechanic cold not fix these issues by replacing the TPS, replacing the seal, and fixing the lights on the AC and info center.
I’m handling the discussion from a different state so if there is any way to ask for verification that the issues are with lights/display and not the system I could use the advice.
FYI price is $10,000 for a low mileage truck (under 65K).
Advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
TPS sensors have a battery inside them, they go out over time and on a 2006 you are about there.

Rear Pinion seal sounds basic enough

HVAC lights are a common problem, there are threads here for a simple bulb replacement but they are built in so it does take more than a plug and play

Info center light (unknown)

CD - Replace with a better one

Price sounds good for these minor issues.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Everything you listed has gone bad on my jeep. I'd say that's all normal for a jeep commander. Nothing to worry about as that's nothing major. Let them fix it all for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I think I needed a little confirmation. Pulling the trigger tomorrow...unless someone talks me out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts