Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the 2 ton floor jack I have currently as it lost a wheel and it is generally a POS.

I want to get at least a 2.5 ton but I also want a large plate on the lifting point and it also has to be able to get under my Magnum (5" clearance there).

I looked online at Tractor Supply but read mixed reviews on what they had.

Thank you in advance.

John

·
Registered
213 Posts
Did you try sears?
I have a $60.00 craftsman and a nice Hein Werner. The Hein Werner I bought at least 20 yrs ago, I think it was around $250.00 but can't complain cause it still works.
I bought the cheap craftsman because the Hein wouldn't fit under my wifes Subaru.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at Sears.com and there could be a possibility there.

It seems Walmart does not carry them anymore (looking at their website none instore).

I was thinking pawn shop but you never know what you are going to get there and Craigslist had one that looked about 30 years old.

I just want something good that is not going to end up leaking all over the place.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I bought a Sears 2 ton (or 2 1/2, sticker's kinda faded) floor jack well over 15 years ago and it still works perfectly. I don't know if they still make them like they used to though. Mine weighs at least 75 pounds, but it fit under all my Mustangs, which usually had low profile tires. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I have a Michelin 3 ton jack I bought at Costco about 4 years ago. Professional quality, well built. I can get it under my wife's BMW, so it might work for you too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts