Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm in Milwaukee; I see a LOT of Commanders here.

However, I'll likely not be doing any off-roading until the N23 firmware debacle is cured, as I can't shift into 4LO.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd like to a little bit of wheeling; something that won't require 4LO, as the N23 update screwed mine up.

Anything around this area that's doable this time of year?

·
Registered
104 Posts
The N23 update was/is a software update for the transmission/transfer case; it was designed to correct a rare fault where the transmission would slip into neutral (disengaging all 4 axle halves, such as were you to tow it).

Unfortunately, the N23 recall update has created software issues where our 4WD LOW no longer works, and we can't shift into neutral to tow our vehicles.

Jeep ignores all requests for a repair, and local shops/Jeep dealerships, claim that the problem is parts related, though they were perfectly fine the day before the recall, and sell you hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of parts that end up not working as well.

If you haven't had the N23 recall software update done, DON'T DO IT!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm in the Germantown/Menonomee Falls area. Didn't get the commander out on the trails at all last year, hoping to make up for it this year though. Nightfury- your 3.7L will do just fine, I've seen plenty of them in action when I've wheeled with other forum members. The commander can do a lot without 4Lo, even without it working I don't think I'd let it stop me from going out if a good opportunity came along. It's just hard to find places to go around here. I'm going to try to join a club this year, they usually have access to private land and/or know of good places to go. If anyone has plans for a day or weekend trip let me know, I'm always interested.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just went to the Jeep Jamboree website, its July 17-19th this year in Crandon. We should try to get a good Commander presence there this year. I've always wanted to go check it out, just never able to find anyone to go with.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I usually try to go to Badlands once or twice a year, lots of fun. Plenty of stuff to do there to wheel all day, even stock. I definitely recommend trying it out. I'd be up for a trip there for sure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I definitely want togo. I'm looking at getting a ome 2" lift or 4" superlift with new rims and tires before I go. How much do you normally spend on a trip down there and back?

·
Registered
230 Posts
It doesn't cost a whole lot to go there. Gas for the about 250mile drive(one way). Whatever food you eat, admission to the park, and lodging if you stay overnight. I don't remember the exact prices, but admission is around 20 bucks and you can camp at the park for like 14bucks iirc. Gas is definitely the biggest expense unless you break something, but no one has had any major breakages on any of the trips I've gone on. You can do the whole trip in a day and save a few bucks on food or staying overnight but its a lot of driving for one day. I've done it once.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Id rather stay over night. I was thinking of doing a weekend trip. Leave Friday morning and come back Sunday night.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Iv never been there but really want to go after a get the jeep ready. Even if its stock maybe we can get a few guys togather from WI, IA, IL and make a group trip.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts