Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have discovered that I am missing two bolts from my front bumper. It is the two bolts that are used to attach the bumper under the radiator area. Anyone know what size bolts go in those holes? This is for a 06 Limited with the chrome bumper trim if that makes any difference. I assume they are metric.

·
Banned
105 Posts
The bolts are the same as for the exhaust manifold to down pipe in the 3.7 & 4.7 commanders. I remember because I had one of those bolts cross thread during the catalytic converter swap so I looked what other bolts used the same threading, turned out the bumper bolts were the same. Ended up cutting and reusing the cross threaded bold so never took a bolt from the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bolts are the same as for the exhaust manifold to down pipe in the 3.7 & 4.7 commanders. I remember because I had one of those bolts cross thread during the catalytic converter swap so I looked what other bolts used the same threading, turned out the bumper bolts were the same. Ended up cutting and reusing the cross threaded bold so never took a bolt from the bumper.

Thanks. That I a start. I have the 5.7, not the 3.7 or 4.7 but I can check mine to get an idea on approximately the size and then pick up a few similar metric bolts from hardware store for a test fit. Socket size should help me zero in. I don't want to pull exhaust bolts because they are usually a PITA to pull

·
Banned
105 Posts
6505699aa is the part #

I trying to find the threading, but I’m not seeing the interchange for the bumper maybe it was the crossmember for the transmission.

The bumper bolt I think you are talking about are 6508237aa, at least that’s what it looks like autoricambi parts catalogue online.
If that’s correct it’s M6.3x1.81x25 tapping hex head screw

·
Banned
105 Posts
This is what it looks like in the parts catalog
I think you need #2 which is the threading listed in the previous post

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks. That picture did the trick. I need #11 (2 ea of 06505903AA). They go up into bottom of bumper and appear to screw into a frame piece under the radiator. Apparently they are a self taping screw. Doubt I can find it at local hardware store but should be able to locate them on internet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A quick web search for 06505903AA turns up lots of sources. Appears that same screw is used in a number of different places on the XK and other Chrysler vehicles. Often used when attaching something to light metal.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Glad it helped. Those little bolts can be a pain to relocate, some of the other bolts can take their place in a pinch.
This place has the parts catalog online. I think it’s based in Europe so it may be EU models but much of it should be the same.
I saved a copy of the pdf in case they pull them at some point.

http://autoricambi-usa.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts