Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Broke my drivers side folding wing mirror and electric adjustable
Is they anywhere i can get a new drivers side wing mirror as I can not seem to locate one

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would look on car-part.com to see if there's a used one somewhere near you. LKQ is another possibility.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've had good luck at our local Pull a Part yard. Hit or miss w. what's in there at any given time, but there's been times that they have 5 Commanders on the lot. Just gotta check back often.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking on Rockauto.com and found quite a number. Have original Jeep ones as well as aftermarket too. Worth a look. I've always been happy with their delivery performance (to Australia at least) and service when there are problems too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Is they anywhere i can get a new drivers side wing mirror as I can not seem to locate one
I have one saved to my watch list on ebay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
Hi i have one off my 2008 jeep commander

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
Hi
@Jon;

Welcome to the forum; please read the New Member Required Reading below & complete your user profile signature as directed, in order to comply with the forum rules;;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Hopefully, one of these links might have the parts you're looking for, for your XK/H;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

North American Parts: https://northamericanparts.rpmware.c...unt/login.aspx

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - https://www.justforjeeps.com/

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

4 inch XK Superlift;
AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - https://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAj...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

Jeep Steel Bumpers
4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...catalog%2Fjeep

Thanks & welcome aboard.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Seems there has to be a better way of advising users to fill profiles and common links...

Every thread nowdays has the same info over and over and nothing seems to change.

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
Seems there has to be a better way of advising users to fill profiles and common links...

Every thread nowdays has the same info over and over and nothing seems to change.
As far as advising new members about their profile shortcomings, unfortunately, there is not @drm4633;

We used to have measures in place, where new members couldn't even post on the forum, until their profiles were properly completed;

Those measures were removed, so, this is what I have to resort to, since the majority of new members join solely to post about their Commander problems, without reading the New Member Required Reading & the forum rules, before they start posting.

The links for Commander parts & vendors are for new members, that are new to the realm of Commanders & that's my way of welcoming them & offering them some resources, that are hopefully useful to them; Resources that they don't have to hunt around & look for.

If that bothers you, I'm sorry - but you don't get a vote, on how I choose to run the forum.

Instead of complaining & being part of the problem, try pitching in and helping & becoming part of the solution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might try FNJeep in Colorado Springs. Unfortunately they don't have a web sight, but they do have lots of Jeep parts. (719) 634-0666

Reactions: drm4633

·
Registered
424 Posts
As far as advising new members about their profile shortcomings, unfortunately, there is not @drm4633;

We used to have measures in place, where new members couldn't even post on the forum, until their profiles were properly completed;

Those measures were removed, so, this is what I have to resort to, since the majority of new members join solely to post about their Commander problems, without reading the New Member Required Reading & the forum rules, before they start posting.

The links for Commander parts & vendors are for new members, that are new to the realm of Commanders & that's my way of welcoming them & offering them some resources, that are hopefully useful to them; Resources that they don't have to hunt around & look for.

If that bothers you, I'm sorry - but you don't get a vote, on how I choose to run the forum.

Instead of complaining & being part of the problem, try pitching in and helping & becoming part of the solution.
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity.

Just offering an opinion -- isnt that what a lot of info on this site is?

I think this view is shared by others but maybe they are scared of being banned or maybe just dont care.
90% of the value of this site is the historical search data anyway imo.

Moderators are supposed to moderate and facilitate discussion for the greater good of the forum.
Not run a monarchy and disregard any who dont agree.

Maybe put the links in your signature so then we can have the option to turn it off if we want.

I'm more than happy to contribute and try to by posting actual experience and things I personally have done. What are the ways we can help?

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity.

Just offering an opinion -- isnt that what a lot of info on this site is?

I think this view is shared by others but maybe they are scared of being banned or maybe just dont care.
90% of the value of this site is the historical search data anyway imo.

Moderators are supposed to moderate and facilitate discussion for the greater good of the forum.
Not run a monarchy and disregard any who dont agree.

Maybe put the links in your signature so then we can have the option to turn it off if we want.

I'm more than happy to contribute and try to by posting actual experience and things I personally have done. What are the ways we can help?
First off, I'm an Administrator - not just a Moderator. That's a staff change that took place a few months ago, maybe you missed it.

2) I don't want, or need, to hear your opinion on this particular subject.

3) If you want to have a say in how this forum is run - become a Forum Moderator and invest as much of your time as I have, over the last 4 years, in keeping this site functional, spam-free & orderly.

You'll also get the added bonus, of dealing with appreciative forum members - such as yourself.

Short of that, you could help out by pointing out to new members what they are missing - or what they have not done, as far as their profiles go & help guide new members around the forum & help them navigate it, if they're having trouble finding something & help direct them to relevant content if they're asking about a particular problem;

Believe it or not, we actually have a couple of senior forum members that actually do that; They actually display some leadership & commitment to the forum by helping out.

The best part is - I didn't even have to ask them to do it.

I have no problem with that at all - and I would actually encourage that, from our senior members.

Instead of complaining @drm4633, you can try & contribute something useful & positive to the forum.

Give it a try.

·
Registered
424 Posts
useful? i guess theres more than one interpretation of that definition.

i think i have contributed some decent info and try to post relevant personal experience gleaned from working on my own vehicle.

i dont think regurgitating the same info over and over is useful -- but you dont agree. ok thats fine, we can move on.

·
Registered
424 Posts
hey OP

yeah ebay, rockauto, amazon -- search for the part number or alternates and you should be able to find what you need.

not a facebook guy but there are commander groups of people who are willing to search local wrecking yards if need used.

you might get lucky on pullapart.com as well...

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
useful? i guess theres more than one interpretation of that definition. i think i have contributed some decent info and try to post relevant personal experience gleaned from working on my own vehicle. i dont think regurgitating the same info over and over is useful -- but you dont agree. ok thats fine, we can move on.
I completely agree @drm4633;

And just to be clear, bye & large, I think you've been a positive, contributing forum member.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts