Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be putting an aftermarket nav system into my 2006 commander. Right now it all it has is the stock headunit.

What parts am I going to need to modify the dash to make it fit a double-din hu?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got the car about a week ago, and the salesperson didnt really explain too in depth of what the stereo was. Is there a way to tell if it is the BA stereo?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
sgshap06 said:
Just got the car about a week ago, and the salesperson didnt really explain too in depth of what the stereo was. Is there a way to tell if it is the BA stereo?
Should be listed on your window sticker.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doesn't all of the boston acoustics sound systems have a 6 disc cd changer with them? Mine is just a single cd player.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
My 06 indicated Boston Acoustics on the window sticker, If yours did not then you most likely do not have it as it was a selling feature that they most certainly would have included on the sticker if it was installed in the vehicle.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I paid around $80 for my nav dash, pull the trigger on the one on ebay if its only $54. I have an 06 with the regular non Boston Acoustics system and put in an Avic-D3. Thats all I needed for the install. You will most likely need a bracket to mount the system too. Check out crutchfield, they can tell you alot. their customer service is good too. Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heres some pictures of the completed install, screen is very dirty at the moment though, lol.

and another..

the unit is an Eclipse AVN5500 if anyone was interested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts