Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am at wit's end here. I was told the ship date was August 08, 2006. However, my Commander has been complete for 21 days and is sitting in a Jeep storage facility instead of being shipped.

I need the vehicle for a vacation I had planned based on the fact I thought I would have the vehicle.

The "customer service" Jeep folks have no info on why it is sitting there instead of being shipped. They said "sorry sir, once it leaves the factory we can't tell you any more. Please talk to your dealer for more information." Even after I told them my dealer was trying to figure out the reason themselves and were getting no further.

I need some help from someone who can provide me with more information.

·
Registered
131 Posts
whats the vin number maybe i can jump the fence and take a look at it :D

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually this morning I am somewhat in a more sane mood.
I spoke with the Jefferson North plant manager.

The vehicle was held for a software problem surrounding the power liftgate. The engineers have resolved the issue and are in the process of flashing the software on all effected vehicles this week. The vehicle is supposed to ship next Friday.

If it does ship on the 09/08, I should have it in time for the vacation I have planned.

·
Registered
261 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
Actually this morning I am somewhat in a more sane mood.
I spoke with the Jefferson North plant manager.

The vehicle was held for a software problem surrounding the power liftgate. The engineers have resolved the issue and are in the process of flashing the software on all effected vehicles this week. The vehicle is supposed to ship next Friday.

If it does ship on the 09/08, I should have it in time for the vacation I have planned.

I hope it'll work out as planned. Good luck as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts