1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's the new BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM2

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I could be wrong but I dont see any siping in that tire. To me it looks more like a BFGoodrich Krawler. They are very similar tires.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Ok now im confused. I saved the picture to my desktop and opened the picture using paint. With the magnifying glass I can get a good picture of the tire and sure as day it says Mud Terrain on the sidewall. However it sure does have the larger lugs without siping like the BFGoodrich Krawler's.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I really think it is the BFGoodrich Krawler. Only because the lugs on the Mud Terrain KM2 are all the same size in the middle throughout the entire tread pattern. In the picture posted the middle lugs are more like the Krawler lugs as they are different sizes and spaced apart differently. Again, makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I could be wrong but I dont see any siping in that tire. To me it looks more like a BFGoodrich Krawler. They are very similar tires.
Good point 07. They are slightly different. I thought the krawlers only came in 35 or 37" and with much more sidewall?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Not on the market yet???
Nahhh I dont think thats it. I wonder if it was a special tread pattern like how they did the special tread pattern for the new rubicons. I really dont know.

I do know however that the tire in that picture definately isnt siped like the KM2 and the lugs definately resemble the Krawler lugs.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Good point 07. They are slightly different. I thought the krawlers only came in 35 or 37" and with much more sidewall?
Yeah, they only come in a 35x13.5R15 and 37x12.5R17. But those wheels look larger then 17's. Anyone know where that picture came from. I want to get to the bottom of this! Haha

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I wonder if the owner of the vehicle is on the JK-Forum.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is the only difference in the KM2 the siping? Looks pretty similar and comes in better sizes.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Is the only difference in the KM2 the siping? Looks pretty similar and comes in better sizes.
Not really. The Krawler is a more aggressive tire specifically for rock krawling. The lugs in the tread pattern are larger and spaced apart a little differently. Also like state above, the Krawler doesnt have siping like the KM2. Im sure the Krawler's sidewalls and tread have more ply's also.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I opened the photo up in a paint shop pro and adjusted the light, shadows, sharpness and pretty much anything I could and all I could get is that the name after mud has been blocked out. It looks like it may have been digitally altered to be unreadable. It is a krawler tread but it does say "mud" on the sidewall. I would guess that it might be a one off tire that the wheel manufacturer had made up for that specific wheel size in that tread.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts