Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title reads....

I want some sort of flood light. I had some daylighters that threw two small spots of bright light on my JK. I want something better suited to trail riding at slow speeds.

Would KC slimlight driving lights be the one for me?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The Slimlites are great. I had the Slimlite Long Range lights on my Surco rack and used them, along with some smaller 4"x6" KC HiLites (for "flood" light). The Slimlites really put off some light, so if you can find them in a driving/flood light style, I say go for it. I'm planning on putting the Long Ranges on a grille guard whenever I get one.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I am loving the slimlites - I have them in the driving version, can't vouch for the long range version. The driving lights put out a big wash of really useable bright light. I have mine tied into my high beams so they switch on/off with them (can also override and switch them off by an in-dash switch)

By the way - for you XK'ers with the "dark khaki" paint - the titanium finish on these is "almost" the same color as our paint.
-Hemi

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
I have four slimlites on my Megawarrior, They look great (IMHO).

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the hella FF200s. They are great. Check out the FF series of Hella lights, they are computer engineered for max performance. I originally bought the black magic lights that look awesome but came with a crack in them so sent them back and got a smaller one instead. (from ebay, looked like they were dropped) - Check out the black magics

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i was at walmart the other day. when i was in the automotive section i noticed they are selling Hella lights now. they are the 6" round lights, and they are selling them for about $50 and they come with the wiring harness.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I looked at a number of fog lights and driving lights, i noticed they were all 55 watt lights.....The Hella 500 or 550 were both 55watt bulbs and did the cheaper ones. .so what the diff?

Someone mounted a pair of foglights behind the grill, I dont recall who it was, but I liked the look of it. Anyone know who it was? what thread it was in??

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the help. I went with 130w KC Fogs.

I'll be sure to check you out next time as a supporting vendor. (apologies for not doing it this time)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts