Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3.7L '06 4x4 rebuilt tranny (2 months ago) with 12 month 15K warranty (Jeep has 82,000 miles), Yakima roof rack with spare 255/75/17 on top, Hypertech chip, RC 2" lift with 1.25 wheel spacers and 255/75/175 BFG Mud Terrain's on it, K&N cold air intake, skid plate, black paint job that is good not top notch.

4.7L Trail Rated (white black trim) pretty much stock with leather seats, 128,000 miles; buying from a broker, looks great and drives strong; have $2500 for mods immediately if I go this route.

Help lol!!!! Is the 4.7 low worth it.....I'm in GA near the mountains with plenty of trails. Not intending any hard offroading a lot but I would like to play.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
389 Posts
What year is the 4.7?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4.7 is an '06 as well......went to drive it today and it was in great shape, drove terrific, one owner, and was overall in great condition. Power from the 4.7 was very responsive and I could really tell a difference between it and the V6.

Plus the 4.7 is a high end basic....heated seats, fog lights, rear view dimmer, leather, etc.....but it's not a limited; also minus the sunroof and no chrome which I like.

In the end I chose the white 4.7!! So I'm now in the white 4.7 club; white doesn't seem as prevelant as other colors and my GF drives a white Grand Cherokee but I'm planning on blacking out the Commander as much as possible.

I will need a lift, wheels, tires, and finish the tent driver passenger and front strip ASAP!

I just had a feeling in the end I would end up wanting if I went with the V6. More is better.....AT&T says so lol.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Get the 4.7

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
In the end I chose the white 4.7!! So I'm now in the white 4.7 club; white doesn't seem as prevelant as other colors and my GF drives a white Grand Cherokee but I'm planning on blacking out the Commander as much as possible.

I will need a lift, wheels, tires, and finish the tent driver passenger and front strip ASAP!
Good choice!

Welcome to the storm trooper club

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the comment guys....I'll be leaning on everyone's experience here to help lead the way for me!

And I'm already spending way too much time on this forum lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts