Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '06 Commander is in need for some new tires but I don't know which tires to get for it. I've been reading that a lot of people have the BFG A/T's but I don't have a lift on my Commander and don't plan on putting one in. I live in Virginia Beach, VA and don't do any off-roading. The wife and I just use the vehicle for long road trips and when ever we go anyway with our newborn. So what tires have good tread life, tolerable road noise, better tread than the stock tires, and come in stock tire size? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
527 Posts
go to tirerack.com, and prepare to be amazed:banana_hitit:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've checked out tirerack.com but I was just seeing if anybody had any personal opinions from their own experiences as to which tires they like or prefer.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
If you're looking for good ride, try the Michellins or similar tires. You need an all-season radial, Michellin makes the Cross Terrain SUV and LTX-MS, both good tires for your use. BFG ATs are good for off road and places that see a lot of snow, but ride rougher and aren't as good in the rain.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm looking at either the Fortera Silent Armors or the Wrangler Silent Armors to replace my OEM's . I had the former on my 2001 WJ and I thought they were awesome

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
if you are just on highway use,

look at toyo's or goodyears. if you want a long wearing all-terrain in stock size, get BFGoodrich ATs, they last a very long time and have great traction.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just installed a set of Big O Big Foot A/T, not a lot of road noise and white letter too. They may be to agressive for you but here in Colorado, I am hoping for a lot of snow this winter.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Goodyear Silent Armors are a good all terrain tire for snow, rain, dry, and dirt. I am very satisfied with them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think Bridgestone make a good tire for primarily highway/paved road used. Go to a reputable tire shop, ask the owner what he runs on his suv. If it is the right type of tire, it is probably a pretty good one at a decent price.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have goodyear wrangler silent armors in the stock size. they are awesome for an A/T all around tire. they are even very good in mud. and very good on wet pavement. they handle well and have much less noise than a mud tire. they have a 60,000 mile warranty and i have heard some people get nearly 70,000 miles out of them if rotated regularly.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Goodyear Silent Armors are a good all terrain tire for snow, rain, dry, and dirt. I am very satisfied with them.
wrangler silent armors?

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I would definately recommend the BFG All Terrains. They have very good street manors and are a decent off road tire as well.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Thanks for the info. everybody! Looks like I'll be going with the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's.
You will not regret it. It's a great all around tire.

·
Registered
564 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts