Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i've been looking around for some nice new wheels for my 07, I went to my local wheel shop and they told me they didn't have hardly any wheels that would fit my commander. Im looking for some 24"s and wanna see if any of you guys on here have 24"s or bigger and where did you get them? thanks

Dylan

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
TR4Runner said:
Those wheels make that Commander look like a locomotive.
With a full head of steam, bet she drives like a locomotive!

Are there tires on that beast or just strips of solid rubber?

I Like it!

Si

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Do you have a better pic of your chrome bug shield?

I've got one, but not fitted it yet.

Si

·
Registered
455 Posts
I didnt know Diddy was a forum member! Just kidding, I think that thing looks pretty sweet. How rough is the ride though?> Is it easy to fold a rim being that big with so little rubber?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Doobyshire said:
Hey guys, i've been looking around for some nice new wheels for my 07, I went to my local wheel shop and they told me they didn't have hardly any wheels that would fit my commander. Im looking for some 24"s and wanna see if any of you guys on here have 24"s or bigger and where did you get them? thanks

Dylan
Commander's lug pattern is 5x5(127), there's many different wheels made to fit this application, search the internet and you will see! Your local wheel shop doesn't know to much, huh!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Finding wheels that fit right is kind of difficult because they stock wheels have a very high (positive) offset. Most wheels have a big lip which are usually even offset (0) or not offset enough (pos). If you get the wrong offset, you're wheels are going to stick outside the fender and look kind of dumb. I'm not saying it's impossible, but you may have to settle for wheels that stick out a little. I think the stock wheels are like a plus 43.75 offset or something like that(on a 7.5' wheel). Most aftermarket wheels i find have like plus 25 or less. That's about 3/4" sticking out, if you can find a 7.5" wheel (nearly impossible). When the wheels get wider, you need more offset to keep them inside the fender. Of course you can get custom made wheels which cost a lot of $$.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts