Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instruction manual is decent, but you can't really see everything in the tiny pictures they have in there.

I need to splice into a dark blue/yellow coil connection point, but I can't find it.
The step in the manual reads as follows:

"Route the wire to the top of the engine at the coil connection point. "

Does anyone know exactly what they are talking about? It is a dk blue/yellow wire on what looks to be a three wired connection. I am installing on an 06 hemi, and using the mopar remote start kit.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I had that same exact question when I installed that same unit on my '06 Hemi.

The wire is on the driver side back plug, If I were at home I would take a picture and post. If you do not find it I will do so tonight.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Got it, thanks.

Now I have everything working and it just starts and shuts off. Or, the horn just beeps when I hit the transmitter.

Any advice?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I 'think' you now have to go to the dealer to have the ECM updated to recognize the remote.

Rob
I installed mine and did not go to the dealer afterwards.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I need to "sentry" keys to do this. I have only one at the moment as my gf has the other on her key chain.

Something about the skreem module? Does that sound accurate? Something with the chip in the key.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
You might be correct there. It was two years ago that I did mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Factory installed or aftermarket

I had that same exact question when I installed that same unit on my '06 Hemi.

The wire is on the driver side back plug, If I were at home I would take a picture and post. If you do not find it I will do so tonight.
Hi,

I just called my dealership and they quoted me $449 to install what they call a factory remote start unit from Mopar that uses a long range fob; not my current key fob. Is this correct? I wanted to install a remote start that could be started with the key fob. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts