Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2010 commander sport and I need some wheels for winter. What are my choices, I am not a big fan of adding spacers. Are any other jeep wheels just bolt on without modifications or spacers?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi,

There may be other solutions...
Rather than having to switch your wheels twice a year, you might prefer never to...

You could replace your regular tires with tires that you can use all year round. As far as I know, in Canada (Quebec), LT tires are legal winter tires for a couple more years.

Or you can choose more agressive tread pattern tires that are labelled with snowflakes (deep snow) on their side. These are 100% legal with no end in sight.

I have personnaly installed Goodyear Silent Armor tires on my Commander but I must say that they haven't seen any winter yet... As a plus I will say that these tires perform much much better than the originals in the dirt...

Many tire cies offer such snow flakes tires, Michelin, Toyo, etc... In 17 inches, you will have less choices of course...

As for size, there is a sticky somewhere here where you will find all the sizes that will fir your Jeep lifted or not...

Thanks,

Dominik
Boucherville, QC.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I too have Goodyear Silent Armors and they worked out really well during the Chicago 2011 blizzard, I cannot rave about them enough. They provided excellent grip in the slickest roads and deepest snow and they are quiet enough for daily driving, I'm completely happy with them.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Hi,

There may be other solutions...
Rather than having to switch your wheels twice a year, you might prefer never to...

You could replace your regular tires with tires that you can use all year round. As far as I know, in Canada (Quebec), LT tires are legal winter tires for a couple more years.

Or you can choose more agressive tread pattern tires that are labelled with snowflakes (deep snow) on their side. These are 100% legal with no end in sight.

I have personnaly installed Goodyear Silent Armor tires on my Commander but I must say that they haven't seen any winter yet... As a plus I will say that these tires perform much much better than the originals in the dirt...

Many tire cies offer such snow flakes tires, Michelin, Toyo, etc... In 17 inches, you will have less choices of course...

As for size, there is a sticky somewhere here where you will find all the sizes that will fir your Jeep lifted or not...

Thanks,

Dominik
Boucherville, QC.
I too have Goodyear Silent Armors and they worked out really well during the Chicago 2011 blizzard, I cannot rave about them enough. They provided excellent grip in the slickest roads and deepest snow and they are quiet enough for daily driving, I'm completely happy with them.
Guys, he's looking for winter wheels (rims) not tires.

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx, for the reply's. Yes i was looking for winter rims I like the ones from lee autoparts but is there a mopar part# since this item will not ship to canada.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts