Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so my wife knew I wanted a cold air intake for the XK so she went on eBay and bought me one.. I appreciate it but it's not making sense to me.. where the AF attaches its 3" and 3/4 of the pipe is 3".Then it reduces to 2 3/4.. So the boot they sent with it doesn't fit. Any reason they would do this? Or can I just cut the 2 3/4" section out and replace with 3" and use a 90degree elbow to connect to the TB? Btw it's a 3.7.. Any input would help!! Thanks guys!!!
It

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
Chopp,

I assume you mean that the section where the boot attaches is where it reduces down to 2 3/4"?

If that's the case, what you suggested - Can I just cut the 2 3/4" section out and replace with 3" and use a 90degree elbow to connect to the TB - should work out, that isn't anything that would restrict or obstruct the airflow and that's all I would be concerned about.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually at the AF then up half way it's 3" then last 18" it's reduced to 2 3/4.. why would that be? I've rigged up a connection because the OD of my throttle body is 3.25". So finding an elbow from 3.25-2.75 is a B****.... I still have the dam check engine light p2096.. before I go to a o2 sensor then god for bid some cats i wana possibly fig if this could be the problem. Is it leaking at the tb? Nightmare... so the WONDERFUL company that I got the Intake through argued with me saying i have the wrong TB on it!!! Grrr. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems or suggestioms!!! They sent me a 3 1/2" 90* boot. 3.25 over TB will be ok but 3.50 over the 2.75 over the pipe is impossible without adding "shims"

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
Actually at the AF then up half way it's 3" then last 18" it's reduced to 2 3/4.. why would that be? I've rigged up a connection because the OD of my throttle body is 3.25". So finding an elbow from 3.25-2.75 is a B****.... I still have the dam check engine light p2096.. before I go to a o2 sensor then god for bid some cats i wana possibly fig if this could be the problem. Is it leaking at the tb? Nightmare... so the WONDERFUL company that I got the Intake through argued with me saying i have the wrong TB on it!!! Grrr. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems or suggestioms!!! They sent me a 3 1/2" 90* boot. 3.25 over TB will be ok but 3.50 over the 2.75 over the pipe is impossible without adding "shims"
That sounds problematic.

Which cold air-intake did your wife buy you?

From what manufacturer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts