Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the broad question but I’m going to look at a 2010 XK but it pretty much has the interior of a Limited with the big Stereo/Navigational deal. Just wondering if anyone has this and what features to system has. Is it blue tooth accessible? Any other options you could share.

My 06 XK is the basic model with nothing extra.

Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sorry for the broad question but I’m going to look at a 2010 XK but it pretty much has the interior of a Limited with the big Stereo/Navigational deal. Just wondering if anyone has this and what features to system has. Is it blue tooth accessible? Any other options you could share.

My 06 XK is the basic model with nothing extra.

Thanks
I have the same system in my 2010, basically a 3.7 limited. The unit you are referring to is called MyGig.

https://www.infotainment.com/blogs/news/7991105-mygig-radios-explained

It's a great radio/nav and it has a hard drive for saving music and pictures. It does have Bluetooth for phone only, it does not play music through Bluetooth though. I use Google play music and I use the aux port when I want to listen that way. I usually listen to music on the HDD or SXM though. There is an iPod direct connection though and the connector would be in your glove box if equipped.

It's a great unit IMHO for the time.

This is the aux cord I use.

http://a.co/ahpOkqv

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much, legofan!!!

Do you have a lift or bigger tires on your XK? How do you feel as far as the pep or power the 3.7 has? I have a 4.7 and want to have it so bad but this 3.7 is the closest I can find to having what I want.

Again, feedback is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
303 Posts
The 3.7 gets a bad rap but, it has plenty of power. The 2010 was only offered with the 3.7 or 5.7 hemi anyway.

I have a Rough country 2" lift and larger tires and haven't noticed any power loss.

It's a great engine and has been in use for a long time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drove the 3.7 today. Someone had mentioned the start up was very noticeable, and it was, but I thought highway driving was fine. Really like all the features and the navigation system. Bottom line, if the wife allows, I’ll buy it. Really clean without a crack in the leather/vinyl seats. Someone took care of it. Got them to $12,900.

Anything else need to know?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
The 3.7's like fully synthetic oil FYI if you do buy the vehicle. Not going to mention an oil brand no go on starting an oil thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts