Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i purchased my commander with 30000 miles i was not planning on replacing the exhaust. I know have to replace it because of a rattle during high RPMs. (Looks lilke previous owner backed into something and hit the muffler) I do have the 3.7 six cyl.

Question
Can anyone recommend any muffler that would sound deeper than stock for the 3.7. If im putting on a new muffler i might upgrade but if i cant do much with the 3.7 then ill just go back to stock

Thanks for the input guys

Mitch

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Have you asked the dealer to replace it? They should be able to cover it under the emissions warranty which is 6 years/100,000 miles based on EPA regs.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have a flowmaster 40 series muffler sitting around that i would sell you. I was going to install it on my Ford Ranger i had but never got around to it. I ended up getting rid of it around the time i bought the Commander.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i took it to the dealer and they would not replace it under warrenty becuase it looks like the previous owner had damaged it.

But as for the Flowmaster has anyone used them on the 6cyl cuase im not sure how it would sound.

mitch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts