Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a very rough weekend.

My mother in law went into the hospital on Thursday night with complaints of nasua and vomiting.

I went to see her Friday and she looked like hell. Her face, arms, legs, torso, you name it, was super swollen.

A couple of estranged family members came by to see her and she perked up a little bit on Saturday.

My wife and her sister went over yesterday and she looked real bad again.

I just went over during my lunch break and she looked even worse than before. My wife had to remove her rings because of the swelling.

At this point her urine output is less than 50cc since last night. The prognosis is not good.

We know the end is very near so our prayers are for a peaceful passing. The problem is, she wants to be put on a ventilator. While I respect her wishes we will try to get her to agree to be put on the DNR (Do Not Resusitate) list.

Now before you judge, this woman is living purely through the miracle of modern medicine. She has COPD, diabeties, congestive heart failure, a wound on her foot that will not heal and many many other problems. There will be zero quality of life if she even makes it at all.

I pray for peace and comfort for not only my mother in law but her six kids, eight grand kids, and two great grand children.

Thank you all.

John

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
You and your family are in my prayers as well!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
We lost my Father-in-law pretty much the same way mostly due to diabetes. I will keep her and you and your family in my prayers... God Bless You.

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
John, sorry to hear about this. Praying for you all.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You and your family are in my prayers!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update.

My mother in law is feeling better. However she will be in the hospital at least another week. Her doctor is slowly getting her to realize she needs to move into a nursing home or even hospice center.

She is having multiple organ failure (lungs, kidneys, heart) and the fact that she is almost completly chair bound makes it a real safety issue for living alone. The number one safety factor is being able to get out of the house incase of fire. Even though she is no more than 12 feet from her door, I don't think she could get out of her chair in time.

I thank you all again for your prayers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts