Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer called me today and said the '06 HEMI I've been contemplating on was fixed. Said the "service 4x4" was caused by the flat spare sensor.

Need some insight into this from anyone that can help.....does that sound plausible?

Thx

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, our light went on as well; I posted this recently here. And, the Jeep dealer told us that the shift motor was bad; even though we used it once in the year we've owned the 2010. We are on our way to picking it up now. One thing though, we got a flat tire, and the light on the dash told us a tire was losing air; cool feature. But, the service 4wd light came on right after that. Coincidence?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm......idk what to think really. He said the spare tire flat sensor is what set it off. Didn't sound plausible to me but based on what you're saying maybe!?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm, that was the tire that was low on ours first, then the left rear went out! Put on the spare aired it up, and then subsequently, four new tires, no change in 4wd light. However, we're back from dealer all is well.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Your tires need to all be at or near the same pressure and the tread also needs to be very close to all being the same or you can damage you 4X4 system. I have had other trucks that would not go into 4WD if there was a significant difference in pressure between the tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts