Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Commander w/Hemi, and I am looking to purchase a lift kit for the first time. From what I have read from this site and researched, it appears the OME 2.25" suspension lift is the way to go. Should I do the HD? I would also like to install the biggest tires possible without rubbing. Is this 265/70/17's? Do I need wheel spacers also? I am looking for an aggressive looking tire with good road performance. Some offroading, but a lot of road travel. I have learned a lot from reading the forums on this website. Just looking for some advice from the experts. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I would recommend the OME HD kit. 265/70's will fit but you might have to bend over the pinch weld depending on the brand of tire (AT vs. MT). Spacers or new wheels will be required

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. If I keep my stock rims, but go with an AT either duratracs or BFG AT's you think i will need spacers?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks. If I keep my stock rims, but go with an AT either duratracs or BFG AT's you think i will need spacers?
Yes you will need spacers I you use the stock rims with that tire size. You'll want 1.25-1.5 in spacers to offset the tire size you want

1 - 4 of 4 Posts