Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok well I have an exhaust leak, both manifold gaskets and hardware are gonna get replaced on my 06 4.7 xk :( im gonna do it myself :( Im gonna try it since it will cost 650 at the exhaust shop to get it done. Anyways my question is what hardware should i get the mopar or aftermarket? Im gonna buy a victor reinz gasket and ned to know what hardwar I should get to accompany it also my idle is eratic so Im gonna buy and replace my idle air control sensor as well as throtle position senser they might have gotten gummed up when I ported my T.B, also Im gonna replace my plugs with some iridium champions I have put 20,000 on since the last plug change and the last one I used ngk v-power which are copper, so ill try the champion iridium per robbys recomendation, Thanks rob :) and my bushings on the swaybar are shot and my front and rear links are gone as well so regardless I have some work to do, any good pcv;s out there other than mopar?

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it!!!!!!!

-Connor

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I think you'll be stuck with the Mopar hardware....a number of the bolts have a threaded stud as part of the fastener.
Read the SM! Just a reminder how critical torque is when attaching iron manifolds to aluminum heads.

Take few minutes to look at the inner fender liners.....Although I havent taken mine apart I did have to partially disengage the fender extensions when I installed mudgaurds.
At the time, I noticed the inner fenders would come off while attached to the extension.
Might be nice to find out you can remove them together without drilling out the plastic rivets.
With the inner fenders removed and front tires off there is a fairly good access route through the sides to get to the manifold bolts.

Rob

·
1,993 Posts
The flares and wheel well do come out in one piece. There are 2 or 3 clips in the liner to pop off. Then there are a few clips into the bumper from the flare. I've had mine off a lot LOL. The first time you pop these off it will be tight just be patient use a trim pulling tool and start at one end and work your way around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts