Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 jeep commander overland and I was wondering if there was kits to get dual exhaust? Has anyone heard of gforce chips and if there any good?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
There are no dual exhaust kits for the Commander. However, I have seen dual exhausts on Commanders. It can be done but it is not easy.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Did a quick search, jcwhitney offers a dual exhaust but it's by heartthrob? Never heard of them.

Also about the chip, think about it, if it were that easy, cheap, and that great of results, how come those dont come stock or why doesn't everybody have them? I think it may be a snake oil and possibly might NEGATIVELY effect your engine. I'd stay away.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Did a quick search, jcwhitney offers a dual exhaust but it's by heartthrob? Never heard of them.

Also about the chip, think about it, if it were that easy, cheap, and that great of results, how come those dont come stock or why doesn't everybody have them? I think it may be a snake oil and possibly might NEGATIVELY effect your engine. I'd stay away.

Link to the JC Whitney exhaust ?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Performancechips.com reviewed gforce chips on a scale of 1-5:

42. G-Force Performance Chip - GforceChips, GFchips.com Reviews

Ordering Process: 1/5

Shipping Speed: 1/5

Customer Service: 1/5

Return Policy: 1/5

Average HP and Torque Gain: 1/5 (For each vehicle tested we noticed a loss of 8-15 HP)

Average MPG Gain: 1/5 (We notice huge losses in MPG. These varied from 3-10 MPG.)

Cost of product: $69.00
NOTE: We did notice an engine knock after using this chip. We do not recommend this chip.

By the way they reviewed 57 chips and gforce was #42.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I think this is a generic kit. On a lot of auto parts websites when you put your vehicle info in you will get things that are not really for your vehicle. Also, read the description of the product. This also makes me think this is not really made for the Commander. Notice the last line of the description.

"DUAL HEADER PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEMS
  • Complete! Ready for fast, easy bolt-on installation
  • Aluminized, mandrel-bent tubing allows for better airflow
  • Fits most V8 and V6 headers on most vehicles
Connectors bolt onto most headers — no welding! Bullet-shaped, straight-thru glass-packed mufflers reduce backpressure to increase performance and give a low, mellow tone. Multi-fit connections ahead of mufflers and extra-long tail and side exit pipes allow easy installation on most vehicles with headers. 2-1/4" OD tubing. Reducers included to fit all connectors. Also available with turbo-type mufflers. Note: Not for any 4x4's or trucks with rear fuel tanks in front of rear axle."

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Also, compare the underneath of the Commander with the diagram of the kit and you will see that it won't work.

Commander

Heartthrob Kit

·
Registered
301 Posts
I see what you're saying. I didn't read that far into it just did a quick google search. Looks like a lot of custom exhaust work would be needed. I think even my stock single exhaust sounds pretty good. A little quiet but at start up you can really hear the roar.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts