Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys

Need your help deciding what size tire to get for my 09 Commander. I already have a 2" rough country lift and 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers. I have the stock 245/65/17 now but its time for new tires finally. I have read most of the threads on this site about tires so don't think I'm totally clueless. The thing is I want to know what is the biggest size tire will fit that I wont have to do any trimming of plastic or cutting of pinch weld?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Based on the FAQ thread in this section... I would say 245/75R/17 or 255/70R/17 would be the biggest you would want to go.

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If you don't want to do the pinch weld mod or reshape the inner fender well liners go with a 255/70R17

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well guys I finally got my new tires. I went with 245/75/17 Firestone Destination AT tires. I really like the look of my Commander now, it looks like a real Jeep now. Only problem was that I still ended up having some minor rubbing. I was able to pull the plastic back enough to stop the rubbing. So its all good. I will put a pic on soon.

Thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts