Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to drill a 5/8" hole in the passenger floorboard to route a drain tube from the a/c condensor through the floor to drain to the ground.

where can i drill the hole so as to know hit exterior a/c lines, ducts, or framing?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is there a reason your not just cleaning out the existing drain?

Also, it would help to know model year, engine, drive line (4x4 or 4x2). I'm not sure any of that matters much on this question, but often it matters when you don't think it should.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
2008 2wd 3.7L

about a year ago, i did the hole through the side trick and found that there is a penny in the bottom, covering the drain hole. i'm not interested in paying someone to drop the tranny to stick something up the drain hole to move the penny. when i first dealt with the problem, i moved the penny over with a bent piece of clothes hanger, put a t-connector in the hole and ran a clear plastic tube that i wanted to eventually run through the floor to drain onto the street. t it seemed the drain was clear up until about three days ago, when i noticed the carpet was wet.

i read that the a/c lines run alond the front floorboard and firewall, so i never got around to drilling a hole to run the makeshift tube through.

last night, i took the front wheel off, and removed the wheel well guard to identify where the a/c lines were. as i was trying to determine where to drill form the outside in, i pulled the carper and pad back on the floor and found a rubber plug need the door. i pulled the plug, routed the tube under the carpet and through the hole. now the tube drains to the street.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.