Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Black 2006 Jeep Commander Limited with a Hemi I have had only 3 months and it is not what I need at all.:( I got it with a lease and it will cost me a lot of money to cancel. So I was wondering if there is anyone out there that is looking at getting one that wants to assume a lease. I am willing to make the first few month payments for you.
I live in the Norfolk area. If anyone is interested just let me know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was more then I wanted. I am going to see what I can do this Saturday. I was hoping there would be someone on the board here who was looking for one and either wanted to take over the lease or want to buy one outright. It only has 2000 miles on it and I had the leather protection put on it as well as the Dupont sealant. The purchanse price was 45000 and the lease was for 23000 thousand of that.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I gotta say those payments are terrible. Boy sure makes my 283.00 payments seem like nothing now and I bought my truck. Good luck to you on selling the truck!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
kmag51 said:
I gotta say those payments are terrible. Boy sure makes my 283.00 payments seem like nothing now and I bought my truck. Good luck to you on selling the truck!!
WHATTT you pay 283 for a limited? i pay 320 for a 26U package how much down did you put?

·
Registered
437 Posts
What each person pays really has nothing to do with anything. We all struck different deals and different times. Some had trades, some didn't and some put a lot of cash down. Of course length of loan and interest rates play into it also.

$933 is a lot but that is only for 39 months. Most of us go 60 months to get our payments to where we can afford them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually really enjoy the Commander it just ended up being the wrong choice for me. And I have to agree with walkjon, the monthly payment does depend on each of our own situations. I thought at the time that it was a good choice and that I would be fine with it. I decided that I could use the money for other things.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm leasing my commander for 499 a month 39 months. It's not a hemi however that is extremely high for a lease to me. Heck I didn't even have to show a paycheck stub. Just a driver license nothing out of pocket and I was off and running.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i am paying $417/ month for a 26U for 60 months buying.
i traded my 99 Durango at i think $7500. the JC was $34,000. the loan was for $27,000 at chryslers 2% interest.
i could have leased it for about $299/ month but i leased once before and won't do it again.

·
Registered
261 Posts
maximo said:
Heck I didn't even have to show a paycheck stub.
...hahah - That is sooo car buying in the previous decades :D

Bought the CMD for 399$/60 mo with ext. warranty. Could have leased it for 199$. But lease is not for me. Came in to trade a 99' Lincoln no payoff.

BTW, good luck on what you do with your Commander.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow just to see what they will offer. I want 38,000 for it we will see if they offer that. From the other thread on this board They will probably only five me around 35,000 or less.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i'd be willing to bet the dealer will only give you about $28000.
let us know.

·
Registered
74 Posts
$28K if that. Have you talked to the leasing company about what it would take to get out of the lease? Sometimes they are more helpful than a dealership even if the leaser is Chysler Financial, Ford Motor Credit, etc. The dealer knows they have you over a barrel and can have their way with you. The leaser knows the same thing but unlike the dealer, it's the leaser's rear end if the leasee can't make their payments. Either way, expect to lose four to five thousand dollars at a minimum.

Alternatively, there are several lease swap websites out there. It may be a good idea to list with one of them or put an ad in the paper. You'll get better coverage than you do posting in a forum where at least half of the regulars already own the vehicle you're trying to get rid of.

·
Registered
142 Posts
This sounds more like a straight purchase rather than a lease. $933 times 39 comes out to about $36.400. We don't know if there was any trade-in with this deal. Regardless, it's probably not a bad deal IF it's a purchase AND the buyer wanted to pay the vehicle off in 39 months. The only way this makes sense is if the buyer has an option to purchase the vehicle at the end of the lease for a couple of thousand or less.

I paid just a little more than this for mine, but I snapped up the 60 month zero interest deal which generated a payment of around $475 per month. As long as there was no interest, I went for the longest time period I could. If Jeep had offered a no interest 10 year deal, I would have snapped that deal up in a NY minute.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went to the Dealership and all I have to say is that I will never go there again. They said that 24000-25000 thousand. I laughed at them . Then we decided that buying out the lease and going with an outright loan would be good. Well Chrysler Financial has a catch there. I asked them when I baught it if there was any early termination fee and they said no. Well they outright lied about that. They have a buy out fee as well as Purchase fee. I can tell you right now that I would never recommed this place to anyone.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts