Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run the vin on mr. Norris. I cant seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm going to order a locker for the rear. I'm pretty sure it is a 8.25 rear end I need to know what the spline count is. There is no tag on the rear end.csn anybody help. Does not have e lockers

·
Registered
142 Posts
you got the Corporate C213R real axle....which is close to the standard Chrysler 8.25. since you have QT2 4wd system you won't have the electronic locker, which will make the swap/install easier for ya! I can't give you an accurate spline count, unfortunately. But I pulled this off a different jeep forum with regards to the WK jeeps (same as ours): Link Here

Now I'm 99.9% sure that rear axle on WK is Corporate C213R, not conventional 8.25.
Ring Gear dia 213mm = 8 3/8" = 8.375"
full-floating axle
no c-clips
29 spline

Only diff cover from 8.25 will fit. Only one locker will fit to C213R axle.
SKU: 187C179A
Detroit Locker Chrysler 8 1/4" 29 Spline 2.73 & Up
Also fits 8 3/8" (8.375") rear

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have run the vin on mr. Norris. I cant seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm going to order a locker for the rear. I'm pretty sure it is a 8.25 rear end I need to know what the spline count is. There is no tag on the rear end.csn anybody help. Does not have e lockers
When I bought it they replaced it with the old style 8.25. But thank you for your response

1 - 3 of 3 Posts