Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've searched this entire forum and have yet to find the answer I need.

I have a 2006 Commander that already has the stock OEM fog lights on the front bumper. The problem is that the protective plastic broke and water got inside and burnt up the bulbs on both sides. So I'm guessing that I need a new assembly housing and bulbs?!?! Does anyone know if you can buy just those parts or am I stuck with buying a whole kit?

Since those parts are broken, should I just upgrade my fog lights to a HID system?

Links would be great. Thanks

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Just as a FYI, justforjeeps.com is a Jeep dealer in Massachusetts. I have prchased a lot of items from them. While they do offer a 10% discount, you still have to pay shipping. So, what I do now is see if my local dealer will match their price - the cost of shipping is included in the price from my dealer. Just a way of doing some cost analisys! :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!!! I will do that!

What do you think about the HID fog lights? Could I do the same thing with a HID kit and plug it into the existing wiring harness?

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you like HID's then go for it! I have just the stock system running Sylvania Ultra's and pretty satisfied with the light output. Nice and white as opposed to yellow. I am sure if you search for HID's you will find lots of folks who converted them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i did mine in hids i put 5000k 35w slim ballast and they are bright! check out ddmtuning they are in san diego i think and have the best prices on the net period and quality is great too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts