Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently got a set from Discount Tire and am happy with the tread, the looks, and the quiet level from them. One thing that I dislike though... The "roll". They're kind of like marshmallows, lol. They do not corner well. I even had to overinflate them to get them to "come off the ground" as it seemed like they were too flat when installed at proper PSI (proper meaning what the Commander recommends on the door and what Hankook recommends). I do have 255/70/17 I'm running which means the sidewalls are a little taller than the 245/65/17 stocks. I'm wondering if it's the higher sidewalls that makes me feel more of a roll on cornering or if it's the actual brand of tire. Thinking about switching out for something a little stiffer. Please let me know your thoughts!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
What is the Load Range of those tires? I noticed that tire size comes in two different ranges. Im going to assume that yours arent the Load Range E or else you wouldnt be having that issue.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hello Mike, I am sorry to hear you aren't happy with the response of your new tires. The fastest way to get help from us is to call your local store or call our mail order division at 1.888.459.4080. We are here to help you and we can quickly help you trouble shoot any wheel and tire issues/ concerns you may have.

The Load range E will require a different pressure than what your door jam says due to the change in load index and ply rating. This may or may not be what you are noticing. To help you with a proper pressure recommendation we will need a few things from you. Please have this information handy when you call.

1. The recommended pressures in your vehicle's door jam
2. The OE particulars (size, brand, tread design) We can look some of this up with vehicle information.
3. The new tire size, brand, tread and design

With this information we can make a pressure recommendation for you. If pressure is not the problem we will work with you to make sure you are happy with your purchase.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've had my hankook rf10 for about a year now and I am happy with them, I run the 265/70 at 37lbs but mine are not the LT Eated tire. The handling in my XK feels just fine the tires stand up well, a little pouty I geuss you would call it where the tire meets the ground. Should'nt the E loads be like at 50psi +? One thing is I wish I rotated at every 2K rather than 5K kinda starting to get that wa wa sound

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am running the 265/65/17 atm's and they are not load range e. I have no problem at all with them so that would have to be the reason for the "marshmellow" look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts